Friday, July 15, 2005

TGIF

Yeah, the roofers are DONE--woot!

Tonight I'm trekking down to Fairfield to see Milly's show. I'm sure my delicate sensibilities will be offended. (If you want to know why, follow the undead Alice link on the right and read the last couple of posts)

And I think the Starbucks girls undercharged us on purpose--I questioned them after I got the total and there's no way the three of us should've gotten our drinks for under 3 bucks total but they stood firm so who am I to question.

It is dangerous having a starbucks within walking distance from the house, though. Far too easy...

Katiedid--Your husband has a John Denver collection? I'm so very, very sorry. (Have you ever read Hunter S. Thompson's account of his time in Aspden when he lived next door to John Denver--Thompson's run for mayor is wonderful reading)

8 comments:

Kate said...

Starbucks... mmm... all my money goes to coffee places now. Pfft.

katiedid said...

Y'know I vaguely recall reading his Rolling Stone stuff from way back when, but other than that I have retained nothing of Hunter S. Thompson's writings. And I've tried reading his stuff, I have, but wading through it was not my cup o' tea, I guess.

I don't have a Starbucks next door to my house, but I have five I can think of off the top of my head that are all within a five minute drive. And Starbuck's not dangerous, it's a necessity. Plus, Starbucks is the only place that consistently can get a soy latte right. I don't know what is so hard about it, but all my locally owned cafes seem to get it wrong and either overheat the soy milk or burn the whole thing everytime.

katiedid said...

My husband also has a Donovan collection, and a Jimmy Buffet collection. Sigh. I don't know why, but I get illogically angry when I hear either of those two artists cue up on the stereo or in the car. As big a weirdo I feel like sometimes, for some reason I feel normalized by my unreasonable and violent reaction to Donovan and Jimmy Buffet. The husband thinks it's a sign I have no taste, but what does he know? He's a John Denver fan. I shouldn't judge him, though, because the first thing I thought when I saw you had an opportunity to see Def Leppard was "wow, that's cool!" Husband finds my enjoyment of Def Leppard similarly aggrivating.

j said...

Your musical tastes don't really mesh that well, do they?

Sadly, I went through a stage when I was okay with Jimmy Buffet myself--i think it was my buddy who drove semis all over the states--he was in jails in several of them--who acquired the taste--perhaps that's where it came from--and I just sort of got used to hearing it at the trucker bar near his work where we'd drink and play video games sunday afternoons.

Berkeley G. said...

You know, I always thought I'd die if I lived anywhere near a Starbucks, but there are a few in Auburn and I almost never go. Strange, huh?

j said...

You've gone home this weekend--back to the land of no starbucks, right BG?

Hope it's a nice weekend there.

Anonymous said...

I'll see you at Milly's thing. Sit with me?

j said...

sure--see you there.