Saturday, July 09, 2005

Poetry by the Emo Child

A Hobo Stole My Digicam

I left it sitting there, on the grass
Time-lapsing the flies on the dead bird

I should've noticed him--matted beard
Crazy eyes, yelling at his shopping bags
But Dashboard Confessional filled my head
and blinded my eyes...

Then it was gone.
I stopped, dumbstruck.

My camera, my love--so much, carried in its soul
And now in the clutches of Mr. Stinky.
Would he look? Would he see?

The photos I took for Suicide Girls
Simple, my friends said--just lie about your age
And now, in his filthy clutches, with me
Underdeveloped and Overexposed.

What if they get on the internet now?
Maybe then my mother will notice the cuts...
I shed a single tear.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That deserves a big LOL.

BRILLIANT

Camila said...

oooh, that was good -- underdeveloped and overexposed? pity it's a digital, and the photographic wordplay only almost works.

j said...

*sigh* guilty as charged--I thought about not making it a digital, but it fit the rest better.

btw--just read the excerpt from "Dusty Motes of Sunlight"--I like it. You'ze a talented girl.

Camila said...

what, my 50000 word character development exercise? heh. thanks. you're much much too kind. much, much, much too kind.

but omg, I just realized! you! nanowrimo! how did I not know you'd be doing nanowrimo? of course you'll be doing nanowrimo. you do know that you'll be doing nanowrimo, right? that's brilliant! brilliant, I say!

misery loves company...