Saturday, July 09, 2005

Poetry by the Emo Child

Build Your Own Emo Boy

I used to have a boy...friend
Saturdays his parents weren't home,
He'd hope for much more
I'd always disappoint

We sat, watching his Monty Python tapes
He'd ask why I didn't laugh,
And I'd tell him--I'm laughing on the inside...
Then offer to slice myself open so he could see.
He didn't like me like that
And went back to his Warcraft World
While I rummaged through his parents' things
Looking for proof of their infidelities.

I liked the "spam" song--I changed it to "angst", though
And sang it nonstop for three days.

One day he gave me a box, asked me to try it on.
"It's a Seven of Nine costume--it cost me 200 bucks"
I swore at him, and called him a trekkie perv.
"Trekker" he corrected me.
I took the costume away, and snip snip--
it fit the dog perfectly.

"You're going to break up with me, aren't you?"
I shook my head. "Not yet.
I must do much more damage before I set you free"

He looked sadder at my truth
So I chased him around the room
With my home piercing kit.

I don't see him much any more...
Because he never leaves his house.
That was my most successful relationship
No court orders in sight.




7 comments:

Kate said...

J. I want to know... what's going through your mind when you post these things?

j said...

It's far easier to write as other people than write as myself...

:-)

Just relax, and let the hooks do their work...

(quick, crew--who gets the quote?)

Jenny G said...

I liked that poem the best. Reminds me of my teenage "angst." The quote is by Ned in Treehouse of Horror V, but I cheated :-). That episode also has The Shinning.

msevangeline said...

I like this Emo Poetry don't stop. it makes me feel not so alone. or so screwed up.

Camila said...

can I buy a kit?

j said...

Just use a tack and some rubbing alcohol

:-)

You're really are a rebellious child

Anonymous said...

Can I get a big LOL.