Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Poetry by the Emo Child

I am the Slug Goddesss

I don't usually get up early
Who wants middle class breakfast?
"You were home late last night"
Not by Transylvanian time, idiots

But those spring mornings, damp...
Dew-covered grass--they are out there
My loyal subjects.

They don't understand me,
(They can join a big club)
But somehow they know I am
I AM. If only they could please me...

Some do, a swirly pattern of slime on the deck
Makes me pause.
That one will be spared, as will the one whose dots
Mirror the freckles on my nose, that I hide so well;
(It's not clown makeup, dammit)

I bring saline judgement in my right hand
The sodium wrath that comes down from on high
Brimstone, without the treacle...

Tomorrow I will sleep in again
Judgement is a sometimes thing.


7 comments:

Camila said...

vengeful, isn't she? rather sumerian -- "if only they could please me." I think she should trade them in for a more interesting species, though. Slugs can't really make sacrifices, or even noises as they die.

Berkeley G. said...

I like this one.

j said...

The SPCPA is on its way to Camila's house as we speak.

j said...

aggh--SPCA My mouth was frozen at the time--is that an excuse?

Insert witty allusion here to vegetarian simpson's episode where homer's barbecue invitations have an extra "b"

Anonymous said...

Haha. I seriously sat here and thought about what "SPCPA" could mean. I had a whole little thought about it, I was thinking it must be some weird canadian thing when i finally moved on to read the next comment. Way to go J.

(;

j said...

Isn't it actually ASPCA there?

Anonymous said...

yeah but people call it the SPCA. At least I do! We got our dog there.

Who's currently barking pitifully...she had knee surgery yesterday and either she's still in a lot of pain or she really wants us to think so (the barking subsides when she's being petted).

Poor doggy. It'll be a few months before she can run up and down stairs again. She is not a particularly patient soul, it's gonna be tough.



Sorry, this was supposed to be about slugs, right? Slugs are yucky. I don't like to go outside in bare feet after dark -- although in CA it was snails which is a crunch and then a squish, instead of just a squish...

Anyway. It's only 11:20 and I'm rambling like this? What's wrong with me??

GOOD NIGHT.