Tuesday, April 11, 2006

This is disturbing and depressing

About a year ago I posted about the idea that there are probably blogs out there whose writers have died. Now I find something really kind of disturbing out there--

http://yourdeathspace.blogspot.com/

This blog links to the myspace sites of people who've died. I looked at a few, and it seems way sadder and more poignant than just reading the news stories of the deaths.

Sorry--maybe I'm just feeling a little morbid today. I will check if my friend who knows my password still remembers it though, to post or delete this blog if it becomes necessary.

5 comments:

msevangeline said...

creepy..

Jenny G said...

Even though they aren't dead, there was a guy here who killed his girlfriend's parents and took her away. The comments on their Myspaces went from regular teenage stuff, to "Oh my god, what happened!" to a comibation of "We're praying for you" and "You bastard!"

Berkeley G. said...

Funny, I've thought about the same thing before. Like, what if I died? None of you would know, except that I'd just stop posting. That would be strange.

quinn. said...

I hope this is the first and that last time that you ever talk about your death. Just like when my parents talk about when they're going die, it's not going to happen. You're like... an older sibling or something, sometimes even like a father. Don't you ever talk about your death. I couldn't even imagine...



And how come you're so sure that you'd want to delete your blog if you did? In a way, wouldn't it just be a reminder of you? Something you left to the world, even in the smallest way? I mean, sure, we all bitch and complain on our blogs, but maybe there is something that you've written that can serve as something for the greater good. Like if you gave indirect adivce by telling a story, or you boosted someone up by saying something nice about them. Wouldn't you want those things to stay out there? Even if your blog serves so much as memorabilia of you? I hope that you might keep it. I know I would. But like I said before, you're never going to die. So let's not talk about it.

Anonymous said...

that's exceedingly creepy. Even more so considering that Katie (M) and I were talking today about printing out my blog. You should do that.

On a somewhat more frivolous note, if you die, can I have your Myspace?