Saturday, February 26, 2005

It's kind of creepy, but...

there are probably a lot of blogs out there written by people who've died. The blogs just sit there, not updated of course, while visitors just assume after a while that the person just got bored and moved on. Over time cyberspace will be filled with these strange memorials--a graveyard full of the thoughts of the dead.

I have a friend who knows my password, I think. (the signin is jpurple) I would hope if I did die, that she'd find a way to post a little note or something. Of course, I guess it wouldn't matter much to me at that point.

I was randomly looking up ICQ i.d's a few months ago, and I found one belonging to someone I know who died about three years ago. Her parents had just left a message on it asking that only her friends use it to communicate about her. (I don't use icq so I'm not really sure how it works)

Yeah, I know, this is kind of a morbid post. I must need some sleep.

J.

2 comments:

J said...

Hmmm. so u think i must confide to someone? Who? Who? Who?

j said...

I just messaged you back--but we seem to miss each other each time--must be the time zones

Yeah, I guess I could post convincingly as "J", but this whole discussion is rather morbid...