Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What holiday?

Yeah--it's pretty much over. Too much stress here.

First, we're back in town. It's nice to be home. While it was a good trip, and did wonders to fix some family dynamics among the other side of the family, it also was about four of us sharing a hotel room and me sitting on my laptop doing thesis edits (since I didn't get them back until after we got there--my prof had been away for a few weeks) after everyone went to bed. I'd have only the light of the computer to see by. Then I'd get up a couple hours earlier than everyone and take the computer down to the breakfast area and put in more time.

I've sent it off, but I have to add the abstract, acknowledgments, table of contents, and appendices, as well as sort out the bibliography. Then I have to make a hard copy of it all and submit it to a bunch of people. I have to get the properly formatted title page to the ed dept. by this thursday.

I've been told that when all the required people read it I should expect to be doing more edits. My oral defence is either Tuesday or Wednesday or next week--I have to find out which day I can get away from school in the afternoon.

Found out tonight that there was a crisis here while we were away. My dad had to deal wish something a bit traumatic and pretty stressful for him--my mom's alzheimers has gone to a new level and it isn't going to be easy to deal with.

I have to edit the musical video from last spring. When?

I have to make sure i know what show we're doing this year. Audition info will have to go out soon.

I have to make some tricky/tough decisions about New York. None of them will be great choices, but I have to figure out what to do.

Seems the summer holiday has just kind of faded away.

1 comment:

Jenny G said...

I'm sorry about your mom. I bet it's a relief to be close to finished with your thesis!