Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pics from last week and a challenge

Well, it's actually pics from Wednesday last week, and then Sunday.

Wednesday we ended up just enjoying some time downtown and then people watching from the old sphagetti factory--great place to see the thousands of tourists wandering downtown. Here are a few pics:

















The provincial legislature building



















Nearby flowers



















My better half at lunch


















Yet another big hotel downtown--seems there are always new hotels and condos being built.


















One of many old school vehicles at the Forestry Museum in Duncan

The next few pics are also from there:

























































































I'll probably post the whole set of pics in my family photobucket. Email me if you want the password.


Now for the challenge. If you aren't familiar with Nanowrimo, it's the short name of "National Novel Writing Month". It's almost upon us once more--it's November--and while I failed to complete the 50,000 word minimum in 2005, I am going to take another shot at it. This time I shouldn't have any university stuff to compete for my time. (Just all my crazy school stuff)

I was directed towards it the first time by Camila, and she's planning to take up the gauntlet once more. I don't know if Bayley ever reads this still, but I will challenge her to try it again this year.

I'm tossing the challenge out to the rest of you if you feel up to it. I know you're all busy people, but still--think of it as a chance to be creative and competitive at the same time...

I think Milly would be great for this were she not leaving the continent and traveling then. But the rest of you--why not think about it?

5 comments:

Berkeley G. said...

Nice pics. Is this in Canada? I think you will win the writing contest. Also, I never see you on AIM and I'm on there a lot lately. Have you changed your name? Email me if you have. :)

j said...

Yep--this is just less than an hour north of us. As for AIM--I've checked several times since you wrote this and haven't caught you on yet...

But true, I don't check it much since the people I used to talk to on it don't ever seem to be there any more.

Unknown said...

So, is Dythandra going to appear is nanowrimo? Or have you dreamed up some other, spectacular characters? I can give you an entire cast from my office!

j said...

Hmm--I don't know that I could squeeze 50,000 words out of Dythandra's little world--perhaps a cameo appearance.

Maybe you should be the one to take a shot a creating the story of an office like your own...

amandaaaaa said...

found your blog through a friend's, and i'm looking forward to taking on nanowrimo.

keep up the good work!