Monday, August 06, 2007

I'm back

Well, at least I'm probably more likely to be posting regularly for a bit. I'm not entirely finished the masters work, but I just submitted the last chapter of the thesis project, and that means I just need to put together the appendices, write an abstract and acknowledgements, and then do the edits on the last three chapter...

"Just"? Well, the edits are the scary thing. I got the edits for the first two chapters and there was a lot of stuff to look over. A lot of it is minor, which I'm fine with. Where I am a little scared is if I get back something like "No, you need to completely revamp this--it needs another dozen pages or so here, and a bunch more there..."

*shudders*

So, until I get the edits back from my prof on chapters 3-5, I'm actually sort of able to catch my breath for a few days. The end is in sight.

Thanks to all who left kind comments on the last two posts. I'll probably delete the freevote one soon. You may have already noticed I deleted about 30 posts recently--going through one of my "kill off all the ones that give too much information or just simply suck" phases.

As for Dythandra, I don't actually have a predetermined direction for her--she has just kind of evolved to who she is. I think if you look back over the oldest ones, in addition to me starting her off more "emo" (more just a mis-label) and at one point I think mentioning a sibling (she's much better as a only child) I think she's kind of progressing into some sort of logical direction.

It's becoming clearer, for instance, that she truly seems to prefer girls, but I don't think we should carve that in stone just yet.

Meanwhile, I've got another CCCounselor post waiting in the wings, and as soon as I get the masters stuff cleared up, I've got a huge reading list to tackle. Some of those may make the "Kid Who Sits Behind You" return.

Actually, I have been still reading a fair bit. I'm just over halfway through this amazing biography of John Belushi I was given recently--it's a great read.

Oh, one programming note--Ella has euthenized her blog ("Occasionally Glamorous..." from the links on the left) and I don't feel I can share any information I might get about a new location, as I think that she wants to avoid being tracked there. Still, if you were/are a regular reader of her blog, drop me a note and I'll forward it to her and you can ask for the new link.

How many days 'til I have to have an answer to "what show are we doing this year?"

1 comment:

Berkeley G. said...

It sounds like you are extremely busy right now, but I'm glad you're making time to post. Good luck on the submission of your Master's work, I'm sure the results will be great! You are extremely creative and talented in a lot of ways...when you listed all of the different things (Career Counselor, Dythandra, The Kid Who Sits Behind You) you have done on here I thought, "Man, that's right, he has done A LOT." And I would have never even been able to think up the first of any of those. Anyway, hope your week is good!