Monday, June 06, 2005

A Sonnet in Lieu of a Post. (with apologies to Camila)

Yeah, well it wasn't really a haiku, was it? Here goes:

I sit and type while youngsters sit nearby
Their videos they're trying to perfect
While they take shots--I just get no respect
And some sad attempts at acting make me cry
Some only do enough to just get by
While others worry 'bout each small defect
And struggle--"What transition to select?"
And panic as their deadline draweth nigh.

I'd like to just go home--vacate this place
Forget about the stresses of today
Sit back and maybe open up a beer
And problems from my thoughts I can erase
I head outside to join my kids in play
And hap'ly think we're almost done the year.


(Petrarchan sonnets are tougher than the Elizabethan
ones, kids)

2 comments:

katiedid said...

Criminy, that's impressive. The best I can ever muster is a stupid limerick, and my lines are always too wordy and long.

Good work.

Camila said...

heh. very nice. I envy your rhymingness.

Also, one word: Kumatagari.