Wednesday, January 19, 2005

R.I.P.

car
They go by the book value of cars when they write them off. Sadly, that won't do justice in this case--this pic was taken back in June, and there's no way I'd have sold it for less than 2200 or so--yet I'll be offered probably less than half that. Grrr.... I just put new speakers in it two weeks ago, and the stereo is about six months old.

And don't laugh, but I think, as much as I have griped about driving an old car at times, there's the sentimental value. I've had this car longer than I've known my wife or worked for my current school district. I bought it in Vancouver when I still lived up in Prince Rupert.

At least the rental I get to drive for a few days is nice, though.

J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky Guys, of the first order!!!

Man with no Name
(http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com)