Monday, January 17, 2005

I thought 2004 was over...

That biotch of a year, I was glad to see it done. What's going on here--looks like my little adventure this morning is going to cost me my car. Despite my complaints, it's served me well for the past 16 years--yes, I bought it before I even met my wife, moved to this town, etc.

Sadly, its loyal service, efficient performance and overall reliability aren't figured into the formula, so I'll get bugger all for it. The details, 'cause I know a couple of my regulars will have heard and want to know:

Just driving to work this morning, stopped because the cars in front of me were stopped, and a large van pushed me along until I was accordian-ized between it and an SUV. Seems the driver behind me was hitting the gas and the brake at the same time, and so the harder he pushed down to stop, the more his vehicle pushed my little car forward. Not fun. Busted my driver's seat in the impact, so i guess that's partly why my neck hurts. I feel like such a stereotypical "accident victim" crying whiplash.... but it's damned annoying and hurts, so I guess maybe there's something to it.

Can't afford to be out of action right now either. grrrr...

At least the guy who hit me was a class act about the whole thing, which helps.

J.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.. Damned rotten luck.. U gonna get a new car from Ur insurance company???

Man with no Name
(http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com)

Anonymous said...

BAH!! I started reading Ur blog mainly 'cos U were keeping up with my speed of reading them.. now U've stalled.. for record time too.. bad... U're dissapointing Ur fans... bahh!!!!

Man with no Name
(http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com)

j said...

1) I'm injured.

2) You're in an entirely different time zone. If I'm posting you're probably sleeping in Bangalore.

3) I will try harder.

4) Get a blog. Then post as a blog user and we can follow back to yours. Then you don't have to put in your URL all the time.

5) This counts as a post. Heck, it counts as five posts. I'm winning.