Monday, October 04, 2004

Another day, another genre

So, following the rules established below (see my previous post)
I offer this next installment.

Genre: Existential Drama

NED: What was that sound?
JULIA: I'm not sure...
NED: I've heard it before...
JULIA: Yes.
NED: Perhaps there's some... purpose.
JULIA: To the sound?
NED: To... everything.
JULIA: You bore me. Living bores me.
NED: I hate you. I hate me more.
JULIA: Can we leave now?
NED: If only I cared enough... to leave. (pause) There's that sound again.
JULIA: Perhaps it's... despair?
NED: Yes. We must embrace it. (stands. shoots her. lights a cigarette. shoots self.)
(BLACKOUT)

Yes, I suppose it crosses the line from existentialism to absurdism or even nihilism, but until any of you self-righteous bastards shows one little spark of creativity you can't mock my foibles. I'll be in my trailer if anyone wants me...

No comments: