Wednesday, October 24, 2007

day after summer

I know it's been three CCC posts in a row. I'm also not feeling those posts as much--I want to write them, but then they feel too long and all the same to me. I think I'm actually in the right mindframe for Nanowrimo to start in a little over a week.

Weird news from the mainland last week. Drug shooting leaves six dead in an apartment building, but two were innocent bystanders--one of whom was just a gas repair guy there to fix a fireplace. No signs that they've got any good leads on the killers, just that it's gang related.

Also, a small plane crashes into a 15 story condo building. Turns out the pilot, who was flying by himself, was 82 years old. I don't even think most amateur pilots of any age are wise to fly alone, and I wouldn't trust my father or my father in law--both 82--to drive a car in rush hour, never mind fly around one of the busiest airports in the country.

I guess people who didn't think to buy insurance weren't counting on this.

Yesterday set a temperature record for that date in October. It was around 20 degrees--or close to 70. No wind, beautiful day--I even went for a run.

I hesitate to write much these days here 'cause I've got local readers who I don't know--so maybe I'll put more on my other writing place; if you are from elsewhere and want the link, let me know. Suffice to say I feel like venting about the show a bit, plus I'm kind of down about having to say some goodbyes very shortly.

I need to sort out about 10 major things very soon. Should go start, I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed the last CCC posts. At times I do wonder how you manage to be so amazingly creative with your ideas. I can usually think of at least one person in my real life that fits the profile, believe it or not! Being a privacy fanatic, I do understand your concerns about who is reading what - but I do like reading what you write, so perhaps you would send me a link by email?