Thursday, December 28, 2006

and between the holidays...

1. Boxing Day sales--they're pretty much now a constant state of hyperretailing from Dec. 26 to Jan. 1. Most disturbing thing I noticed: You can buy Moulin Rouge in a 2 for $10 bin, but Pretty in Pink and Big Momma's House 2 go for 2 for $20. What mouth breather is pricing these things?

2. SKYPE! I tried it for the first time yesterday--talked to my niece in Winnipeg for about a half hour, and it was amazing. The sound was really clear, and the whole family at one time or another had a chance to chat with her.

3. Running! Yes, first time yesterday in about a month. Amazing how quickly you lose your endurance. I guess I might as well get a start on that new year's resolution early.

4. 5:30 a.m. in the freezing morning. Tomorrow my son starts his daily paper route, and like a good dad, I've agreed to get up and go with him the first time--partly because I've agreed to give him one day a week off and do Saturday mornings for him. Thus, I guess I need to know it too. Before going back to nursing, my wife did this same route (plus another one) every morning and I used to do it on weekends, but that was about 8 years ago. It's a few degrees below freezing right now so there should be ice everywhere.

I'm off to bed--morning is going to come painfully early...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. Moulin Rouge I love, but for some crazy reason I also love Big Mama's House (don't ask). As far as Pretty in Pink, maybe I'm the only person alive who dislikes the redhead who plays in that movie.
2. What is SKYPE? I've never heard of it.
3. I heard somewhere before that one can make a lot of money on a paper route (like $300-$500 per week). Is that true?

Happy New Year's! Hope it warms up there soon!