Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday's thoughts...

Weather is still amazing... It was 35 (95 fahrenheit) in Kamloops yesterday--for those who don't know, this part of Canada, once you move inland beyond the coast mountains, gets quite hot in the summer. Lots of rattlesnakes and such in some parts...

Our little neighborhood felt a bit less safe yesterday--fight at the high school down the street and it ended up in the skatepark nearby where one of the kids knifed the other and police and ambulance was needed.

Tomorrow we meet with the director of the video that they want to shoot a week Sunday--I still don't have the permission from the district, though. I hope it will work out.

Today was weird. Lots of people, myself included, have been under stress, feeling out of sorts, kind of cranky lately. A sense of proportion is helpful--visiting with a niece who spent almost 4 months in much less prosperous circumstances in India helps remind you of that.

I have hella video editing to do. Hear that, Rach? HELLA!
(One day I'll explain the list of forbidden words and phrases...)

4 comments:

msevangeline said...

very interested in this so called list...and at least you haven't had 2 shootings within the last month nearby where people died. The last one being over by the mall where 3 people died. yeah. *shrugs* all in perspective I guess.


it's not that hot round here.

Anonymous said...

J--stay cool up there. Today was the first nice day we have had that hasnt been rainy and cold. My apartment is still a mess: clothes everyewhere and ceiling falling in but i should be grateful. the computers weren't harmed.

j said...

Nylon--I know how much that sucks; I remember a time my sister went throught the same thing--

Katie--The list got started about a year and a half ago--I pretty much live in my theatre booth (bigger than some apartments, mind you) and some days there are hip-hop dance classes going on before or after school in the theatre.

Essentially, I kind of "picked up" (began using facetiously) terms like "hella", "f'shizzle", "chillin" "playa" and "playa hatin" and so Rachel posted the "forbidden list".

Milly later saw the list and crossed off a bunch like "dag yo" and added "I hate you, Rachel" to it.

It's all in good fun. It's gone now. Ashley threatened to restore it today, though.

Kate said...

Ha, I remember the forbidden list. A pretty good list, I might add.