Wednesday, August 31, 2005

For those of you who read Kate's blog

like Rach, Jatue, B.G. and any others...

I got a text message on my cell phone from her about 90 minutes ago. She says her stuff is apparently okay but many of her friends are not so lucky. There is no electricity. I doubt she'll be updating anytime soon.

I've tried phoning back to the number she gave me 3 times but "all circuits are busy" which is understandable considering the magnitude of what's happened down there.

The most important thing is she's okay.

J.

2 comments:

Berkeley G. said...

Good to know. I completely forgot that she was right there in New Orleans. I'm glad she's okay. It's all so sad.

Kate said...

Shit, man. Hey, I'm back. AND WITH POWER. Finally.

Yeah... the phone lines, or any lines, for that matter are fucked. I'm glad to know you at least tried calling back, though.

Stuff is so screwed up... god. I mean, what the hell am I supposed to say?