Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Lighter recollections...

More from the trip home:

At church on Easter Sunday a friend introduced me to someone I hadn't seen since junior high--this guy seemed so... quiet, settled--yet all I could think of was that he was the psycho who came home with me in grade 2 and busted all the windows in our playhouse. Must learn to let it go...

Wandering around the mall I realized that everyone--or at least 80% of the population of my home town is fat. I'm not judging them; there's not much else to do there but eat and drink and ride around in your big 4 wheel drive truck.

Took a photo just down the hill from my parents' house--they've clearcut the hillside above my school--not Weyerhaeuser but just a greedy school board this time--and it's now possible to get a picture of both my elementary school and my senior high in the same shot. Here's the picture; click on it for a larger version. If you want waay to much information, there's a link below to a large annotated pic.

my schools

The sad thing is that the elementary school--which had 800 kids when I was in grade 4--is now just being rented out to a couple of small private schools, and the high school is closing this June.

Annotated Photo Here (Warning: It's big)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanksforrecognizing-i was theone( with ehr help) that took that quiz- thatswhy we were the best on the list!

(Rachel,there were only 2people that had done it...)
(so???)
*storms off*

j said...

There, there, rach h.--I know you've heard all my stories--it's just with the A.D.D. you probably are mentally folding laundry through half of them... :-) I should really find a way to get ASW to write the quiz so you can compare marks...