Saturday, September 20, 2008

Search terms of late

First of all, I'm wondering if blogger is dying. Most of the blogs I was reading regularly are dead. My counter says hardly anyone reads this any more.

I blame facebook. Before, you had blogs that you occasionally visited like you might sip a nice glass of wine at the end of the day. Then the facebook truck backs up and drops off 20 jugs of cheap crappy wine in your driveway, and you drag it in and think--I'll just have a taste.

It isn't really very satisfying, but it's so damn--everywhere. People are using their cellphones to check it 'cause they can't wait for after the bus ride to get on their computers. What do they find? Oooh--somebody added a picture! With blogger sometimes people wrote interesting and even insightful commentary. Commentary on facebook is "Wow--you look really stoned in that picture". (but there'd be some misspellings and the occasional "lol")

Meanwhile, you can't be bothered to restock your wine cellar and nobody else is either.

Enough of the bleating. Here are my "top five searches that brought people to this blog recently":

5. is Costco owned by the Red Army?
4. "blouses with snaps"
3. Strippercize victoria
2. "refuse alcohol treatment"
1. "preserved husband"

Top five (again--"top" just means I like them) searches that brought people to the Cynical Career Counselor site:

5. why are purple doors illegal in ontario
4. strippercize st louis
3. sexy aircraft mechanic jokes
2. will shriners cover the cost of braces for the teeth
1. phrases for your korean hairstylist

At least Nanowrimo is coming soon so I'll get my writing fix there and not worry about the cobwebs up here in the blogger attic.

2 comments:

Jenny G said...

It doesn't necessarily mean no one is reading anymore. Unless there are pictures, I read my blogs in Bloglines instead of clicking over.

Unknown said...

That's true- I'm guilty of looking at the feed to see if there's anything new before taking the trip over unless there's of course something I want to read again. Plus, given my limited sources of new blog material I have to "ration" my posts so I'm not guilty of the dreaded laundry list.