Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Red Sky at Morning...

We've been spoiled. It figures the year school starts the earliest that we'd have three solid weeks of sunshine, temperatures in 70s or even 80s each day. It's been nice--last night walking out of the grocery store with my dad into a full-moon lit evening and he commented on how warm it felt outside compared to the air-conditioned supermarket--more a July kind of experience.

The new school year is already hectic, and yesterday's news brought this story, which I predicted would happen last spring when we were discussing this year's ban on junk food throughout all the schools in the province:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/09/16/bc-junk-food-trade.html?ref=rss

Not something that would be as profitable at my school as we have all kinds of stores and fast food places very close by. Still, for schools like those north of the city, surrounded by farmland, this is probably going to be an ongoing problem.

Most people I know think it's a well-intentioned but rather foolish bit of interference with basic rights.

Meanwhile, the Cops for Cancer headshave can't happen fast enough for me. I decided to forego my end of August haircut since I'd just be going bald by the first week of October anyway, but this mop on my head is driving me nuts. Plus, our organizer has added a new wrinkle; the men on staff are all growing beards up until the event, and I guess these will be gone that day as well.

I feel like I should be in some 70s wilderness movie...

No comments: