Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Just a little maple leaf waving...

...and if you're not at all aware of sports you likely won't care.

NHL Most Valuable player for 2005-06 - Joe Thornton, Canadian from Ontario.

NBA Most Valuable player for 2005-06 - Steve Nash, Canadian from right here in Victoria

Now--according to a number of articles like this, the frontrunner for MVP in the American League (baseball, if you're not aware) - Justin Morneau, Canadian from New Westminster (right across the water)

The NHL one isn't a big surprise; Canadian players have won more MVPs than any other nationality, but for major league baseball and for the NBA, well, it's not typical, let's say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you gonna try nano again this year?

I am most definitely.
Whoo.

Race you to the finish line.

j said...

I would love to do Nano, but I simply won't have time. As it is, I'm stressing about the stuff I need to get through on my masters this fall.

Gah.

Good luck, though, and if you want to give me the link to your this year's project, I'd love to have it.

I may try again next year, if life permits.

J.

Berkeley G. said...

You should start watching Auburn Football, you may see me on the screen. It usually comes on ESPN.