Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm an idealist without illusions

Apparently Kennedy said that. It fits, lately.

Sorry I haven't been very inspired lately--KaTea's comment has provided some motivation to write nonetheless. Thanks that you are still reading despite lack of content here.

Happy 18th birthday today, Kate--hope it is a good one. A belated happy 16th to Racheal R.

Hugs to Jatue and Jenny G.--I won't get into why, although if you follow the link to "Laughing Gas and Ennui" you can read Jenny's woes.

A crumpled up ball of paper tossed at Camila--we're waiting. A slightly less crumpled one at B.G. as well, just to see if she's awake.

Also, a raspberry to R.H. for the orphan blogs she leaves laying about the internet. When will your friend stop putting 9 volt batteries on her tongue long enough to create one herself?

And to "Murdoch"--kudos for you for both your faithful blogging and your patience with your own situation. I respect what you're doing there.

Ella--I decided to fritter away about 90 minutes this weekend seeing if I could sleuth some specifics about your locale, just for the challenge--you've done a good job, I must say, although I have some suspicions now, after combining LJ info with blog info and such. I compliment you on your ability to write honestly about your life without revealing what you wish not to.

Alex--how goes the Seussicality?

Geoff--I need to pick your brains about smoke machines and such--soon. I'll buy the jug.

Reckless one, I'm happy that spark seems to be growing in the right direction. Thank you for always being so honest.

Bay--you need to write more in your journal. M., I know you're crazy busy--but I did enjoy Friday afternoon.

OTPBS--get better.

Be well, my friends.

11 comments:

ella m. said...

I must let you know now, before you get too confident...the LJ info is deliberately wrong. I've lived all over the place and my weird ability to recall things like old telephone numbers and zip codes comes in handy when covering my tail.

Why exactly are you so obsessed with this? As you've seen via IM conversation, your town and mine are the same shit, different countries.

Berkeley G. said...

Thanks for mentioning me. I sent you an email to let you know about the deal with NB and the holidays but never heard back from you. Maybe I should throw the crumpled paper ball right back at you! Haha. Hope your holidays went well!

Jenny G said...

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

J,

You may read my blog anytime. And I read yours too checking back often. Thanks for the warm sympathy about my cat and the encouragement to get out my feelings and thoughts in this blog.

nylon

Anonymous said...

Hi...Im too lazy to email- but we're good. i wasnt really mad, dont worry. its all good. thanks for the advice about ash- i hope she doesnt find any straonger ones. yes you can show her that video, adn im glad you lked the song. after all-only one mroe step to becoming a lesbian....:)

-rayon

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming reckless one would be me. Haha. I'm glad sparks are going in the right way too. What do you mean by me being honest?

-b

j said...

Exactly what it sounds like--I mean you don't ever shy away from saying what's really going on--nothing that complicated about it. (And that you keep me in the loop)

:-)

(and r.h.--I'm glad, thanks, and... HEY!)

*shakes head*

(and Ella--I posted a response, i thought, earlier--but it's not showing up. Suffice to say I'm not obsessed; it was an interesting exercise, partly since you're so smug about your witness protection program--and rightly so, it seems)

Nylon--thanks. (and Rach, is "Rayon" some sort of lesbempathy?)

ella m. said...

j.,

Glad to hear it...for a second my stalker paranoia tripwire was going off. I'm better now.

Being that I'm a relentless perfectionist, I think most things I do suck. Basically if I'm being highly proud/smug about anything I do, it's because I've managed to pass my own quality standards for once. That's pretty rare.

However the LJ does give you a nice glimpse into my gradual breakdown, reading it now as a (relatively)sane person. There's a few kernels of coherence, but most of it is fractured mind dreck, part of the reason for the blogger overhaul.

msevangeline said...

I wouldn't exactly say I'm doing much reading here..*wink* anyways...keep it up, I know we're all getting busy these days.

Anonymous said...

I was going to post a comment days ago but then my stupid teacher thought it would be a good idea if I worked. What a dick, I tell yah.

Anyways, what I would have said was:

Shout-out to me! Score!

I would have been throughly disappointed if I hadn't gotten one. But thanks. And yeah also thanks for all the help you've been giving me lately. I wouldn't be nearly as far down the road with the Actor if you hadn't been there. I really love you.

-Murdoch

PS. Good monologue, if you weren't already grown-up I'd tell you to be a writer.

Kate said...

I have cancer now.