Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A Link Blog

This morning I drove my niece into town to stay with my wife's sister and her family tonight. Tomorrow afternoon I pick her up and take her to the airport and she heads to go live with her family for a few months before heading off to India after Christmas where she'll be volunteering in an orphanage for a year. I got to work and had to put away all my theatre seats before first block--fortunately Marcela stopped by and have me a hand. and had a nice Drama 9 class, and then in my spare had a much needed chat with R, who once again has the sacred keys to the theatre/booth and we went on our first Starbucks run of the new school year.

I enjoyed talking yesterday on the phone to Kate for the first time. She needs not be so touchy about cracker jokes though. Today I received the paperwork to make Bay one of my T.A.'s for this semester. At lunch, Milly was putting masking tape on people's backs and writing messages on them. She put one on my back that said something like "this beard needs shaving". The funny part was that after lunch I forgot about the tape and I went to my afternoon grade 9 English class with it still stuck on my back, where I am sure my students saw it every time I turned to write on the whiteboard and thought "what a loser".

When I got home I had a chance to chat with my friend sshhh, who works here. Then my daughter got home from her appointment to have her cast removed, and we discovered, as my wife had suspected a month ago when she got the cast on, that the bones hadn't quite been aligned and so the healing is going slowly and she has now got a "splint" half cast, which really disappointed her--crying time--so I promised her a trip to her favorite restaurant, and we even let her order one of the "expensive kid's drinks" instead of just the regular pop.

My wife wasn't suprised since the cast was put on in Powell River, where my wife, who is a nurse, has always been less than impressed by the quality of the health care she's heard about from my parents or seen firsthand on the occasions we've needed to use it up there. So now it looks like two more weeks of cast for the kid who had hoped to come home and jump in the pool that I rushed home from work to prepare.

Later, after supper, I talked to Katie on msn for the first time. While we were talking I noticed I had received an email from the recently invisible Camila, who briefly informed me of the main reason for her invisibility. Ahh, gossip from the eastern time zone...

Sorry if I didn't include some of you--this kind of post is more work than usual...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I loved it. I think I might have to do something to this effect one day.

Haha, you could have chosen a better zombie picture too. :P

Milly Nez said...

This post was HANDS-ON like Science World, or a motessori school.

All of the masking tape tags were meaningful to me; I'm glad you didn't take yours off.
I kept mine on.
"I have oppinions about everything."
Indeed, it's quite true.
Paul laughed at me, and I couldn't figure out why... until I took my sweater off.

P.S.-- what's up with the "word verification", eh? Blogger's getting high tech on us.

Anonymous said...

That's to stop the evil comment spam-bots...

msevangeline said...

that was definatly a cool thing. I still haven't written my papers. My weekend will probably still blow. But I certainly had fun chatting it up with you.

Anonymous said...

My word verification is:

oogaylho
(no joke)

Anyway, I like that post. I think I'll have to make one like it sometime.... you're such a trendsetter, J.

Anonymous said...

Way to go crazy with the links, J. That was so good. It's always so tedious to link to loads of things, so I never do it.

My masking tape said, "I'd like to ch-ch-chivvy you out like an old st-stoat!" and I got funny looks in French class.

Ooh, do you have a Scott in your Drama class? Sort of chubby kid, looks a lot like Neville from the Harry Potter movies?