Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy U.S. Thanksgiving!

Well, I'm a few days early, but in case I don't post again before Thursday, thought I should add that.

The murder mystery went really well--they liked it even more this year, and I think it was because we put quite a bit more humour in it. The kids like playing over the top characters and many of them took full advantage. Plus we had a great time scarfing down pizza across the road afterwards. I was very proud of the wonderful job they all did.

Then the next night it was the "revue" show by mostly band kids as a band fundraiser. It also ran Saturday, but my wife, daughter and I went on Friday. Amazingly talented kids, many doing their own original compositions, and quality of the calibre that I'd buy their albums when/if the release any.

There were a couple of issues, but I'd best save them for the "other" blog if I bother.

Dance show is this Thursday night--this afternoon was spent inundated by dancers working through their dress rehearsal in the theatre. I've got some amazing tech kids this year, my number one guy was in the murder mystery thursday, came back to the school around 7:30 with me and stayed there to help with the Revue rehearsal, then was back the next two nights to work that show, then in on Sunday to help strike it all, then in all afternoon today to help with the tech for the dance rehearsal.

He's proven himself as the rightful "keeper of the keys" this year.

Nanowrimo: *sigh* I had high hopes, and there's enough story in my brain to fill the 50,000 words, I am just too busy to spend the time I need writing it. I'm at 20,000 now with only a week left to go; it ain't gonna happen.

Maybe next year.

No comments: