Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A Perfect Day

It goes something like this:

A beautiful drive to work just before sunrise with my daughter, then a little later my friends now up from Honduras arrive--first time in over a year I've seen them, and we have a nice bus ride to catch up. Then, a play that all my students enjoyed, a short bus ride back to Duncan, and a break for food--pizza with my friends then back on the bus and home.

We all drive out to my place, beer on the patio enjoying the sunshine, and even my wife joins us for a while when she gets home. Then eventually we end up downtown, wandering like tourists and settle on a cheap but delicious restaurant in Chinatown.

Later, a stroll back through downtown to a pub, and a chance to laugh over drinks.

It was the bestest day ever. Here are a few pics:










Phone pic at Boston Pizza in Duncan












Dani contemplates her beer on the patio













Mmm, smell the horses.
















We stand on guard for thee.













The chinese food becomes part of a classic movie re-enactment: "You talkin' to ME?"

(well, it could have happened)

No comments: