Friday, March 27, 2009

Is this appropriate?

Cause I'm wondering:

I'm used to the little survey cards we all have seen at restaurants--the kind that ask you how the service was. Some places go further; they have a web link and maybe an ID number on the receipt and ask you to go to their site and answer a few questions to be entered online for a draw to win something, or maybe you get a coupon for a free appetizer next time...

A few days ago I get a survey in the mail from JD Power & associates; they're one of those survey companies like Ipsos Reid and others. It's a rather in-depth survey of my customer satisfaction with the funeral home we dealt with last month when my mom died.

Really? This is appropriate now? All that was missing was "all those who fill this out will be entered in a draw for a free headstone!"

Am I right in thinking this is kind of off base?

2 comments:

Jenny G said...

Yes, it's odd, to say the least.

Camila said...

yeah, that seems more than a little strange, and off-putting...