Saturday, July 26, 2008

summer ain't all it's cracked up to be

Actually, I love the break, but some extra family responsibilities and an abundance of chores have made it not exactly the most relaxing summer ever.

Getting lots accomplished, though, and having some decent family/relaxing time in between.

We went to Mamma Mia last night--didn't get a chance to see the live show in NY when I was there, but I will confess I enjoyed the movie--probably my wife and I shouldn't have dragged our kids to it, although our daughter liked it. Son--not so much.

I think it's probably something more enjoyed by our generation--the 40 - 55 set, perhaps. Meryl Streep pulled off her role better than I would've expected--I know she's a great actress, but it's different from what she usually does.

Meanwhile, blog is being neglected--ten days since the last post--but maybe not so long 'til the next one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My mom and a group of friends enjoyed a lunch out and then a matinee movie of Mamma Mia- Mom enjoyed it but warned me that it took little to entertain her. Her only complaint was Pierce Brosnan's singing- evidently it left something to be desired.

Can't think of the last film my entire family went to together- don't know that I see that changing anytime soon!