Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Poetry by Dythandra

My Loyal Listeners

Anyone can do it, they said
Down at the tattoo place.

Internet radio.

It caught my fancy,
As my love for solitude
Conflicts so with my need
To vent at foolish humanity.

Here is the best of both:
Alone in my room, yet
Telling the sheep
They have been measured, and found wanting.

Some simple software, and voilá
I'm live and on the air.

I play a few of my tamer tracks;
Queen Adreena, Libitina,
And lesser known sounds.

Between the music, I offer my wisdom
For anyone who might stop for a listen.

I suspect it's all make believe.

The next day I'm better prepared,
(Spent Literature class writing out
The content of my rant)

I skewer the powers that be--
Local and Global
And take a parting shot at my most recent adversaries:
The local mall's music store
Who've reduced the alternative and punk sections
To make way for a bright and cheery
Hannah Montana aisle.

I sign off with my chosen name
So few know it anyway.

The next day I'm surprised
Walking home through the mall
(Simply to avoid the rain)
A window boarded up

And there, scrawled on the wall
"Dythandra defies Disney,
Death to corporate sellouts
"

This is an interesting development

I hurry home to my computer
There is further mayhem to be wrought.

No comments: