Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Kid Who Sits Behind You Explains

And Then There Were None

So this book is all a bunch of losers who go to an island because somebody they vaguely remembered invited them for free grub and rooms.

I mean, really, if I got that invite, I'd be all "time share, whaat?"

Like my parents got this thing to go to Arizona one time, but then they kept them in this hotel for like 11 hours without hardly lettin' em go to the can or nothin. It was time shares.

Anyway, this book used to be called "Ten Little Indians" and then people were all "That's racist, dude" and so they went and named it the last line of the same little ditty. Like that makes it okay.

So these stupid people show up and are all "Where's the food, booze and digital cable?" But there's this record and a voice that's all "You people suck and are killers."

Then they get offed.

How stupid can you be though--I mean after the first couple die, wouldn't you be all "Hmm--I'd better watch out somebody's gonna try to off me"?

Plus this Agatha Christie writes hella weird--when people talk it's all:

"I am talking after a colon in a new paragraph dude."

Anyway, I think if you read to the end it tells you who offed them, and it's one you figured was dead, and then you're all "oh yeah" but then you're bored and so you don't care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this is the best review he's ever written.

I tried to read that book once. My Grandmother owns the original copy ("Ten Little Indians") and I couldn't do it. It was weird and old and I didn't get it. Although i must admit I was like 10. So you know.

Maybe I'm just dumb?

...


Anyways... so I know you've been reading my blog lately, and oh my god, I have a fan! She's like posting comments and everything! It's fan-fucking-tastic! Seriously, the highlight of my life!

Anyways, "Love List" was great. I think you and your wife will really enjoy it. It'll be fab.

-murdoch.