Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tom Clancy

Can anybody actually read his novels? Really?

I'm struggling with one I picked up somewhere a while back--it's a mindless read when I'm too tired to think much at the end of a long day--and really, it reminded me of the Simpson's episode when they mocked George Lucas for his boring fascination with politics in the more recently-made Star Wars movies.

Mr. Clancy loves his heroic politicians and lengthy descriptions of their good-guy heroicness (yes I know it isn't a word auto-correct) and how they aren't part of the mainstream bureaucracy...

Blah, blah, blah. Develop some sort of a plot line, soon. How has this guy made over a two hundred mil. from writing?

(He tried to put 200 million of his own money the Minnesota Vikings in the mid-90s but his divorce ended up costing too much.)

I just don't see the appeal. Then again, I thought the DaVinci Code was a terribly-written book.

1 comment:

Jenny G said...

People have no taste. They don't want to read literature. It's the same as people eating fast food. And the DaVinci code was a horrendously-written book.